Rules and Regulations
1. No outside clotheslines, radio aerials, or T.V. antennas shall be erected by a Tenant.
2. No tenant shall take roomers or boarders in any Apartment.
3. No sidewalk, hall, entry, passage or stairway of the Apartment building shall be obstructed by any
tenants or used by them for any other purpose than for ingress and egress to and from their respective
4. No sign, advertisement or notice shall be inscribed, painted or affixed on any part of the outside of the
building, or inside of the building unless frst designated by the Landlord and endorsed hereon.
5. Tenants must not allow their windows to remain open as to admit rain or snow. For any injury caused
to the property of the other tenants, or to the property of the Landlord by such carelessness the Tenant
neglecting this rule will be held responsible. During the winter months all windows must remain closed
if the tenant is not present.
6. No additional locks shall be placed upon any door of the building without the consent of the Landlord,
which shall be endorsed hereon. Any tenant who locks him/herself out of his/her Apartment will be
charged a lockout fee of $35.00.
7. Nothing shall be placed by the Tenant on the outside of the windowsills or projections.
8. Water shall not be left rrmning in the Apartment unless actually being used. No spike, hooks, screws,
or stick on picture hangers shall be put into the wall or woodwork of the building. Sharp objects shall
not be used to chip or remove accumulations of frost from refrigerators. No laundry washers or dryers
not owned by the Landlord shall be kept, used or stored in the Apartment.
9. All glass, locks, screens, and trimmings in or upon the doors and windows of the Apartment shall be
kept whole, and whenever any part thereof shall become lost or broken, they shall be immediately
replaced or repaired under the direction and to the satisfaction of the Landlord or his agent, and such
replacements and repairs shall be paid for by the tenant of the Apartment.
10. No dog, cat, rabbit, bird, or any other animal whatsoever shall be within or about the Apartment,
without written authorization by the landlord.
11. The Tenant, members of his family, his guests, visitors, or servants shall not make or permit loud
and improper noise in or near the building or do anything that would reasonably annoy, disturb,
or interfere with tenants in other apartments in the building.
12. The Apartment shall be left clean and in good condition at the expiration of term.
13. No goods, chattels, fixtures, or other items that might overload the floor of the Apartment shall be
brought into the Apartment nor shall items be moved on, in or over floors, sidewalks, stairways, lawns
or other property of the Landlord so as to damage same; Tenants will be held responsible for any
damage caused by their movement of items in, out of or about the Apartment.
14. The Tenant shall not place or allow to be placed bicycles, baby carriages or other personal property in
public areas or on sidewalks, neither shall articles be permitted to remain outside in such areas
ovemight or when not in use. Personal property left in public areas may be removed and disposed of
by the Landlord.
15. No stores of any combustible or offensive goods, provisions or materials shall be kept in the
Apartment or in any storage area or locker area by the Tenant.
16. Hardwood floors must be kept clean, waxed and polished at the expense of the Tenant. Carpets must
be kept clean at the expense of the Tenant.
17. The Tenant will be held responsible for any damage to the building caused by moving furniture in or
out of the Apartment.
18. The Landlord’s electric stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher where provided must be kept clean and in
good working order by the Tenant. The Tenant will be responsible for any damage to this equipment,
reasonable wear and tear is accepted. Laundry facilities, where provided by the Landlord, shall be
properly used and not abused, by the Tenant.
19. The Tenant shall not disturb or interfere with any landscaping, garden work or planting that has been
done by the Landlord, except as hereinbefore provided. Additional planting may be done by the Tenant
only with the prior written consent of the Landlord.