I enjoy working in the areas of mathematical logic, category theory,
and their applications to theoretical computer science. My research
interests include programming languages for quantum computing,
categorical quantum mechanics, quantum circuit theory, and unitary
My research in the news:
Workshop on Arithmetic Golden Gates, American Institute of
Mathematics, San Jose, California, April 24–28, 2017.
- 13th International
Conference on Quantum Physics and Logic (QPL 2016). Glasgow,
June 6–10, 2016.
Conference on Reversible Computation, Bologna, Italy, July
- Workshop on Quantum Computer Science. Banff International Research Station, Alberta, Canada, April 17–22, 2016.
- 12th International
Workshop on Quantum Physics and Logic (QPL 2015). Oxford,
July 15–17, 2015.
- Workshop on Quantum Programming and Circuits. Waterloo, June 8–11, 2015.
- Amsterdam Quantum
Logic Workshop. Amsterdam, May 7–8, 2015.
- Conference of
Knot Theory and its Applications to Physics and Quantum
Computing. Dallas, Jan 6–9, 2015.
Eastern Sectional Meeting of the American Mathematical Society,
Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada October
- 11th International Workshop on Quantum Physics and
Logic (QPL 2014). Kyoto, June 4–6, 2014.
- 10th International Workshop on Quantum Physics and
Logic (QPL 2013). Barcelona, July 17–19, 2013.
- 24th International Conference
on Rewriting Techniques and Applications (RTA 2013). Eindhoven,
Netherlands, June 24–26, 2013.
International Workshop on Quantum Physics and Logic (QPL
2012). Brussels, October 10–12, 2012.
- 20th Workshop on Foundational Methods in
Computer Science (FMCS 2012), Halifax, Canada, June
- Logic and Interaction Weeks 2012, CIRM, Marseille, France, Jan 30 – Mar 16, 2012.
- 8th International Workshop on
Quantum Physics and Logic (QPL 2011). Nijmegen, October 27–29, 2011.
- Category Theory "Octoberfest" Workshop, Oct
23-24, 2010, Halifax.
International Workshop on Quantum Physics and Logic (QPL 2010),
May 29-30, 2010, Oxford.
- 26th Conference
on the Mathematical Foundations of Programming Semantics (MFPS
2010), University of Ottawa, May 6-10, 2010.
International Workshop on Quantum Physics and Logic (QPL 2009),
April 8-9, 2009, Oxford.
- 16th Workshop on Foundational Methods in Computer Science (FMCS 2008), May 30 - June 1, 2008, Halifax.
- 5th International Workshop on Quantum Physics and Logic (formerly Quantum Programming Languages) (QPL 2008), July 12-13, 2008, Reykjavik.
- 4th International Workshop on Quantum Programming Languages (QPL 2006), July 17-19, 2006, Oxford.
- International Category Theory Conference (CT 2006), June 25 - July 1, 2006, White Point, Nova Scotia.
- 3rd International Workshop on Quantum Programming
Languages (QPL 2005), June 30 - July 1, 2005, Chicago (affiliated Workshop of LICS 2005).
- 2nd International Workshop on Quantum Programming
Languages (QPL 2004), July 12-13, 2004, Turku, Finland (affiliated Workshop of LICS 2004).
International Workshop on Quantum Programming Languages (QPL 2003),
June 15-16, 2003, Ottawa, Canada (affiliated Workshop of Fields 2003).
- Foundational Methods in Computer Science
(FMCS 2003), May 30-June 1, 2003.
- Fields Institute Summer School on Logic and
Foundations of Computation, June 2-20, 2003.
- Category Theory and Computer Science
(CTCS'02), August 15-17, 2002.
Mailing list archives:
ML of New Jersey and
Implementation in ML.
Back issues of journals (subscribers only): JSTOR.
Want to know who your advisor's advisor's advisor was? The Mathematics Genealogy Project.
Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences.
Origins of many Common Math Symbols.
I am an editor of
Logical Methods in Computer Science.
QIS School 2003.
A listing of
TLCA List of Open Problems.
Back to Homepage:
Peter Selinger /
Department of Mathematics and Statistics /
/ PGP key